Several practical and learning issues for future work
First step to use the annotation result:
- Finding a unique id such as DOI for each reference via the crossref site. It can be used as an important metadata that describes the reference.
- Finding also a unique id such as ISBN for a reviewed book in an article of Revues.org, using external services such as amazon.org. Then a link can be created toward the corresponding page of the external site.
Practical construction of Bilbo system:
- Expanding the testified result to other real references by integrating the test codes into the Revues.org platform.
To improve the accuracy of automatic annotation:
- Incorporation of the external resources at the level of modeling. A kind of semi-supervised learning seems to be appropriate for this issue.
- Applying rule based post-processing.
Processing of third corpus:
- Another main tool for the treatment of corpus 3 will be topic model for the context analysis.
- Named entity disambiguation is necessary because the initial expression of forename confuses the author identification.
Each issue will involve a number of detailed statistical or heuristic techniques.